April 6, 2013

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Tinted Balm

 I bought this months ago. I gave it a good run. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's not working. 




I REALLY wanted to like this product. This is a favorite in Allure magazine and many beauty gurus. 




The packaging is very unique. It has this vellum plastic where you can see how much product is in the packaging. The feel of the plastic is really cool. On the other side is a hard shell with their signature burgundy  color. 



The product itself is really creamy, practically feels  like a moisturizer. It blends seamlessly on the skin using any tool, but I like it best with a beauty blender.

One reason why I don't like this stuff is really my fault. I bought the wrong color.  It is way too dark for my skin tone. The Beauty Blender is the only way I can really have to sheer it out to make it suitable for my skin tone. I am a NC 20-25 and I have SB03. SB03 is more suitable for someone who is NC 30-35.

In spite of this, the real issue I have is its staying power. It does not last on my skin for more than 2-3 hours. Not many foundations lasts on my skin, but the way this tinted balms looks when the oils accumulate is not flattering. 

I really want to try Jouer Matte Moisture Tint next but because of my experience with this, I'm hesitant to buy another tinted moisturizer-like product. I have tried so many, and all with the same result. I wish my skin can cooperate because I love everything about a tinted moisturizer. 

One day.. 








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment