April 10, 2013

Dior Capture Totale Foundation Review



 I got this as a gift a few days ago, and I like it! 



Dior Capture Totale Foundation ($80) This foundation has anti-aging properties. I can't say if the anti-aging stuff works because my skin hasn't hit that stage yet (hopefully never will ;)  ) 


Packaging: It's a glass bottle that has a pump! Very classy design. It has a silver cap that says Dior on the stop. Inside has the title of the foundation engraved.  The packaging is heavy and bulky. Not at all travel friendly. 


What's important is the product. It's a thin watery consistantcy. I would say this is a medium to slightly full coverage. It leaves a dewy finish that makes my skin look so healthy. It feels like moisturizer on the skin and blends really easily. It doesn't feel heavy at all, and it looks like your skin. 

 The lasting power is longer than I expected it to be. It lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin before I would have blot and powder my skin. With most foundations, I would have to blot and powder in 3-4 hours. This doesn't separate or cake up, which I really appreciate. A lot of foundations have the ability to do that and it's like fixing a separated chocolate ganache sauce. Even when I'm at my most oiliest, it looks like I doused myself with highlighter, which is better than caked up and separated oil/foundation look.

I think the colors run a bit dark. I have shade 20, which is the second to lightest shade and it runs a tad dark on my NC 25 skin.

This may be my foundation for the hot summer months! 
I'm been testing out this and Chanel Perfection lumiere to see which one lasts longer. Right now, I'm leaning towards this one!  


post signature

1 comment: